2019 SA Women in Property Awards
About The Awards
The SA Women in Property Awards (SAWIPA) is a platform established by the WPN to recognise and celebrate the achievements of women in various segments of the South African property sector.
SAWIPA recognizes outstanding leadership, commitment and success in individuals and organisations that have stepped up and shaped women’s roles within the private and public spheres of the sector.
This includes CEO’s, executives and leaders in corporate South Africa, SMME’s, government departments and agencies, as well as entrepreneurs.
Benefits of Participating
Being nominated and/or receiving an award achieves meaningful recognition for the individual and organisations – it also encourages colleagues to aspire to meaningfully contribute to the advancement of women in the property sector.
In addition, SAWIPA showcases the great talent that exists in the sector.
Other benefits for participating in the awards include:
The award categories for 2019:
- Profile enhancement
- Differentiation of your business
- Measure your performance
- Prestige and recognition from industry peers
- Personal brand building
- Valuable PR and media exposure
- Access to potential opportunities
- Celebration of achievements
- Networking with fellow industry peers
- Attract and retain top talent
1. Individual awards:
2. National Corporate Awards:
The nomination process and adjudication of nominations:
- Corporate of the Year Award
- Best ESD Initiative of the Year Award
- Nominations for each category will be published on the WPN website.
- Notices for nominations will be published on the WPN’s social media platforms.
- Nominations open on Thursday, 13 June 2019.
- Nominations for all categories will close on Friday, 12 July 2019 at 12.00.
- No further nominations will be accepted beyond this date.
- The WPN will make contact with the individuals and companies nominated and request supporting documentation.
- Failure to submit documentation could result in disqualification.
All regional nominees will be invited to attend the respective regional events:
- Regional nominations for the individual awards will be adjudicated during July by panels of regional judges, comprising senior and executive members of the property industry and business.
- Nominations will be discussed, ranked and a regional winner per category identified.
7 August 2019 – Johannesburg
15 August 2019 – Durban
29 August 2019 – Cape Town
- Regional winner nominations will be adjudicated during September by a panel of national judges comprising senior and executive members of the property industry and business.
- Nominations will be discussed, ranked and a national winner per category identified.
- All regional winners will be invited and expected to attend the national award event and dinner: October 2019 – Johannesburg
- All corporate nominations will be discussed, ranked and an overall winner identified by a panel of national judges comprising senior and executive members of the property industry and business.
- The company finalists and winner will be announced at the national award event and dinner: October 2019 - Johannesburg
Terms for nomination:
Click one of the categories below to submit your nomination
- Candidate must have been active in the South African property sector for a minimum of 3 years.
- Any allegations against the nominee or her organisation, which may have occurred in the past 48 months must be disclosed.
- No self-nominations will be accepted.
- No previous nominations will be accepted.
- Nominator to ensure that nominee has been informed of her name being put forward for the award.
- Nominee reserves the right to withdraw from the judging process.
- If nominee agrees that her nomination is to go forward, she will need to supply a detailed professional profile and a colour head and shoulders image of herself to the WPN National Co-ordinator, and be prepared to make herself available for all media interviews which may result from the award process.
- A condition of entry is that a finalist will attend the national event.